Fun in Isolation
There's a lot you can do to keep yourself entertained during lockdown.
1. Photo competition
· Online there are many 30-day photo competitions for all year round. As a family or as a group of friends you could complete this challenge as a fun way to keep in touch with each other!
2. Board games
· If staring at a screen all day is making your eyes go square, you can unwind by playing a boardgame with your family. You can even manage to do this with your friends over skype or facetime!
· By the time that this is all over, I am sure that everyone will be world class experts at trivia! This is a really fun way to keep in contact with friends and family whilst learning new things about the world.
4. Write an isolation diary
· When we look back at this time in years to come it will be great to have an account of what you did during the quarantine period.
· In my opinion, baking is a perfect way to pass the time. You have fun making the food, possibly by yourself or with your family, and you get to eat the end result!
6. Sort out your room
· I know that this may sound boring and the last thing that you want to do during your free time. However, it feels really good once you have cleared your room and it is all tidy and cosy! You can listen to music or an audiobook while doing so to help with the task.
7. Family film nights
· I am sure that everyone is spending quite a bit of time watching TV programmes. Why not make this into a fun family film night! Pick a movie that you all agree on and snuggle up in front of the TV to enjoy a quiet night with the family.
8. Learn a new skill
· This is the perfect time to pick up a new hobby or learn a new skill that you have been wanting to do for ages but have never had the time. Learn to sing, learn a new language, learn gymnastics, the opportunities are endless!
9. Help around the house
· This is a difficult time for everyone, and your parents will be working very hard to keep you safe and well. Help them and support them just like they are supporting you and this will be greatly appreciated.
· There are plenty of exercise videos online. Whether you want to do dancing, yoga, a workout, there are endless videos to cover every level of fitness and every type of exercise. Why just do it alone, try it with your family! Keep each other motivated and have a laugh while keeping fit.
by Gigi, King's High School.